In this video, Konstanty Sliwowski, the founder of Caissa Global Recruitment, talks about more jobs in the technology industry amid the pandemic. He also explains why it will be tough for the companies and recruiting firms to hire or move Chief Technology Officers, Engineers, Developers, and the likes.
Here’s the video transcript for you:
Job vacancy numbers in tech companies have completely recovered.
In fact, the number of tech jobs advertised currently is higher than pre pandemic!
We also know that engineering and developer jobs were among the least impacted by the pandemic (especially in countries like Germany where Kurzarbeit schemes were made available).
So what does this mean?
Well, it means that there is again a building up of a shortage of engineering talent. This time though it is a bigger challenge.
- Due to the pandemic, job security and company financial stability play a much bigger role in a decision to change employers. People will choose to stay put even if they are not happy in their job because it is "safer".
- Additionally, relocating people internationally is more challenging and is a much tougher decision for people to make with travel restrictions still in place and the risk of further lockdowns. What if they can’t see their family for a year?
What this means is that hiring top talent is now more difficult, and it is going to get even more challenging as the talent pool continues to dry up.
- How are you, as an employer, going to stand out in a crowded market?
- Why should people come to work for you?
- How are you represented in the market and by whom?
- What is your employer brand?
- How is this showcased to the passive candidate market to entice them to have a conversation with you?
- How does your process reflect upon you as an employer?
Or are you still waiting for the perfect candidate to apply to your job ad?
In summary, you need to be proactive and instead of waiting for the candidates, you should:
- Focus on making yourself unique in the market. So that candidates could come to you.
- Evaluate how you’re being represented. And who, as a recruitment agency, is representing you.
- Design and establish your employer brand. Make sure it is enticing for the passive candidates to come and talk to you.
- How good is your hiring/recruiting process? Make sure you get good numbers with high conversion.
Do you want to hire engineers and developers in Berlin? Are you looking for a Chief Technology Officer position in Berlin Tech Industry? Talk to us and find out how we can help.