Allow Konstanty Sliwowski of Caissa Global Recruitment in Berlin to take you through a look at diversity within the technology sector, and how this affects tech hiring practices.
Company diversity is a much-needed aspect of every business's staffing concerns, but in far too many cases, the entirely wrong approach is taken. When motivation lies in nothing but fulfilling a basic organizational need for more female workers, the step to improve diversity itself can often be seen as a warning sign to female developers and staff. In a world where antiquated leadership and overbearing 'bro culture' can cripple a productive work environment, any potential candidate should question the core diversity of the company.
Seven Key Interview Questions to Ask About Diversity
It doesn't matter whether you're male or female. A company that forms its organizational practices based on sexual or social discrimination of any sort, or rather an underlying motivation to avoid being caught for such practices, is not a place that you want to work. Everyone is urged to ask the following seven questions to better assess the diversity of any prospective company that your plan to work at:
- What is the company's team structure, and what degree of diversity can be currently found in existing teams?
- Is your hiring process focused on fulfilling the right diversity for team leads & new hires?
- What is the current state of the diversity of your C-Suite executives?
- Do you have female board members, and if so, how many?
- What steps have been taken over the last three years to improve hiring diversity?
- Does your company have any hiring / cultural diversity statistics available?
- Is there a pay gap, and can you share any relevant pay gap or diversity statistics with me?
Look For Employers That Offer A Bright Future
A well-rounded team rewards a business with benefits that cover every interaction of your company. Healthy cultural diversity, balanced teams, and a level playing field for all is the only true springboard for success. Change the mindset behind your organization and change the very momentum of your staffing & growth. Here at Caissa Recruitment, we consider all aspects of staffing and diversity to give each candidate the best chance of success - contact us for placement that puts you first.