Engineering Manager (Mobile - Android/iOS Experience) Opportunities - Disruptive e-Learning Leader and other Prominent Clients (Based in Berlin)
What to expect
Our client, an e-learning giant is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. That means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Our client provides users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 180+ linguists, with user behaviors continuously analyzed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York, and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. They are the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold.
Our client is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their office in Berlin!
Engineering Manager must possess technical and leadership skills to be able to develop her/his team members. Engineering teams work all across the company to build better mobile and web experiences for learners, growing the B2B area, infrastructure, content, and data platforms; the list goes on and is growing.
In this role you would:
- Manage cross-functional teams and be a technical mentor and thought leader.
- Reinforce a continuous improvement mindset and best practices in your team and across.
- Manage dependencies and expectations, build trust with all stakeholders, and deliver on commitments.
- Work closely with product managers to drive the product development roadmap.
- Onboard, develop, and retain diverse talents for your team.
- Experience managing software engineering teams.
- Experience developing engineers with diverse skill sets.
What the company offers:
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours.
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike.
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options.
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from.
- A yearly Learning & Development budget.
- Visa and relocation assistance.
- Full access to educational Live classes.
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith, and nap room.
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers+, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group, and more.
A note on diversity:
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications, and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns at the beginning of your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
Please note that this is an on-site role in Berlin, Germany. Our client can only consider applicants who are willing to relocate. They are able to provide assistance with the visa and relocation process.