Our client is an exciting Global B2C Marketplace in Berlin. They are looking to find an experienced Head of Data Science and Machine Learning (Marketing Tech & Data) that will be reporting directly to the top leadership and help take the company to the next level.
They are a technology-first company that runs a Global B2C platform, they have strong tech teams in place and require an experienced people managers to lead one of their core teams (currently 9 engineers --> will grow to 15 in 12-18 months) being responsible for one of the most crucial parts of their global technical operation. The solutions that your team is building helps them to effectively and automatically allocate marketing budgets in access for 300m Euro yearly.
This is a fundamental role to the continued success of the business and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a significant and tangible impact on the company.
- Lead a team of data scientists and ML engineers, focused on building solutions to improve the loyalty and ordering frequency of their customers
- Better user-level segmentation and predictive models (lifetime value, churn, etc).
- Work closely with the product and marketing management to design, build, implement, and improve a reinforcement learning-based system to select the best marketing actions to perform at any point in the customer life cycle.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Engineering and Machine Learning
- 2+ year of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (Data Engineering & Data Science team)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or any related fields.
- A deep technical background in applied machine learning, including reinforcement learning.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on programming experience in Python.
- Proven experience building well-engineered Machine Learning-powered products in the Marketing Tech, Advertising Tech, or Customer Lifecycle domain
- Ideally, you have knowledge about the marketing landscape: the different marketing platforms (Google Adwords, Facebook, CRM tools, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex technical topics to the marketing stakeholders and to understand marketing business requirements