We have been retained by an exciting IoT Engineering Startup (100,000+ devices in place and growing) in Berlin to help them find an experienced Head of Engineering (future CTO) that will be reporting directly to the founders and help take the company to the next level. Backed by two very prominent corporate investors and a recent 15M private investment round to further fuel their growth plans.
They have a strong tech team in place (currently 15+ engineers - software & hardware --> to grow to 25+ in the next 12 months) and require a experienced people manager with strong architectural know how on complex connected systems and a passion for IT security.
This is a fundamental role to the continued success of the business and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a significant and tangible impact on the company.
- Mentor and guide a team of highly skilled engineers across all levels to execute the vision and roadmap
- Ensure the best software and hardware development lifecycle practices are followed
- Recruit and maintain team members
- Coach, motivate and lead team members to optimum performance levels and career development
- Coordinate between product managers and engineers. Challenge ideas and specs, gather realistic timelines, set deadlines and timeline with product managers
- Create and enforce resource allocation philosophy and strategy to work on new features, bugs, refactoring and forward-thinking developments
- Proven track record in leadership positions managing 10+ engineers
- Profound knowledge of Python, React and Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and web based applications
- Experiance with IoT or enbeded software development (at least 2 years)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with DevOps and agile principles
- Familiar with open source RTOS (Apache Mynewt, Zephyr, Riot or others)
- Familiar with pen-testing and bug bounty programs (HackerOne)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with modern encryption algorithms and security principles
- Problem-solving skills and goal to always improve the workflow
- Excellent communication skills.
- Past hands-on experience in different areas of software development