Our client in the travel industry is hiring for the position of Infrastructure Engineer in Zurich, Switzerland!
(Hybrid, relocation possible)
As an engineer in the data infrastructure team, your mission will be to maintain a great platform to manage data in the company's production systems. You will work with systems affecting the whole engineering organisation. This team is responsible to maintain effective ways to move data from one service to another, store data short and long term and transform data into suitable formats for later consumption by the company's data teams.
The team acts as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. It strives for stable, secure systems while at the same time providing room for fast experimentation.
The team is using a modern container-based service architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Kafka, Airflow, MySQL and Postgres.
- Build and scale the company's cloud-based data infrastructure and help align it with the rest of the company's production infrastructure
- Build and improve the company's developer tooling around databases and other data infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability of key data systems including taking on-call responsibility.
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies.
- Be responsible for roles and permissions regarding the company's data, backup/restore solutions, and similar tooling.
- Champion the company's data engineering culture
- 5+ years of experience in the field of data infrastructure
- Experience setting up and managing at least 1 one of the data technologies: databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), and workflow management (Airflow).
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience operating infrastructure on AWS.
- Proficient coding skills in at least one modern programming language. We use Java and Spring frameworks for backend development and VueJS for frontend development. Having worked with backend databases (directly or via ORM) is nice to have.
- Experience developing in-house tooling by integrating different systems and APIs is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English.
- You enjoy solving problems using open-source solutions, or even better if you are actively contributing to open-source projects.
About the company:
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- In-person-first culture, with lots of flexibility for working remotely
- Speak English in the office with people from over 72 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well-stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Fridays
- Company vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
This company is committed that every qualified person will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.