About the job:
(Senior) Engineering Manager - Supply Chain Opportunity for a Leader with Experience in Python or Similar Open Source Technologies Such as Java, Golang, PHP, and NodeJS.
What to expect
Our client, a disruptive Q-commerce giant building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform is looking for a (Senior) Engineering Manager (all genders) to join our "Supply Chain" team and contribute to the creation of our next-generation platform that helps our partners scale their business. If you're a creative problem solver who is eager to deliver solutions and hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- You will work on a platform that helps restaurants with their daily business.
- You will lead the implementation of software projects.
- You will lead an engineering team of 4-6 developers.
- You have experience building maintainable, reliable, distributed, scalable, and high concurrency systems used by thousands of people.
- You are always eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- You foster and constantly drive your team to excellence
- 2+ years experience in leading a cross-functional team
- At least 6 years of working experience in building cloud-based backend services, preferably in Python or similar Open Sources technologies such as Java, Golang, PHP, and NodeJS.
- A rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design).
- Lead by example in writing high-quality code, automated testing, and another engineering best practices.
- Ability to make independent decisions and take ownership of them.
- Full professional English proficiency.
What the company offers
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external training.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds, and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, and cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea, and coffee are in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform, and participate in our in-house training.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
About the client:
Our client’s Tech division is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of the company. Their Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
They are currently building the next-generation global on-demand delivery platform. They have grown rapidly from its inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and are now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Their awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and they are exclusively looking for the best people to join them on their mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job, and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
Please note that this is an on-site role in Berlin, Germany. Our client can only consider applicants who are willing to relocate. They are able to provide assistance with the visa and relocation process.