We have been retained by an exciting established (5+ years old) leading B2BC SaaS/IoT business (60+ employees) in Berlin to help them find an experienced VP of Engineering that will be reporting directly to the founders and help take the company to the next level.
Our client is a highly innovative international B2BC SaaS/IoT company based in Berlin who is looking for a VP of Engineering to join their quickly growing Tech family. Management style is flat, the founders respect everyone's input and are trying to create a true family environment. You will take charge of an experienced engineering team (10 engineers) and help them grow to 20-25 in the next 18 months, providing coaching, guidance and creating an outstanding hiring plan. You will also help them scale their systems, business, and technical operations.
- Help form, validate, and challenge the overall product strategy, as well as transform it into a technical road map
- Shape the engineering team by hiring and retaining critical development talent, growing the team from 10 to 20-25 developers
- Strengthen existing development processes and enable the engineering team to deliver excellent quality for the entire organization
- Provide leadership on and make far-reaching architectural decisions as well as for the team structure
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical executive capacity (CTO, VP of Engineering, Head of Engineering) and have experience in hiring and managing a technical team of 20+ members
- You have deep technical expertise as a software architect or a
- similar role with extensive experience in at least one of the following: (Ruby, RoR, AWS, EmberJS, embedded systems)
- Near-native level of English