Senior Engineering Manager, Java
This is a role for a hands-on (Java), Senior Engineering Manager who's experienced in team management but still enjos being close to code. It's an opporunity to work for a global, high performance service that procesess tons of real time data.
More than a million orders daily that are being transmitted to our clients's partners give a unique opportunity to push the boundaries and make a global difference. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Own backend services handling tens of thousands of restaurants, hundreds of thousands of orders per day, millions of events per hour.
- Connect client apps (android, web, windows) to various external services.
- Guide the evolution of our systems architecture.
- Mentor and grow your people and teams.
- Foster an excellent engineering organizational setup and process.
- Ensure scalability, stability, security and performance of the systems and services you own.
- Drive both quarterly and long-term objectives and key results with full responsibility for executing the OKRs.
- Collaborate closely with product management and other departments to build new products and features that match business requirements with pragmatic technical solutions.
- 8+ years of experience with a key focus on modern web applications and cloud services.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems.
- Hands-on approach towards leading by example
- You embrace modern engineering practices and have a strong track record of effective communication across engineering, product and business teams.
- You are passionate about building and leading excellent tech teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of several of the following technologies would be beneficial: AWS, Java, Typescript, async and event based processing, server side APIs, kubernetes, terraform, helm. Monitoring, logging, debugging of high volume services (metric collection, log analysis, etc.).
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.