As an expert, you will be a strong contributor who is instrumental in creating the strategic direction for this growth. You’ll be unfazed by influencing upwards and will work collaboratively with key figures within the wider business. This is a critical role for the continued success of the business where technology is at the core of work and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a meaningful and tangible impact on the company.
- You will work closely with the inspiring CTO and architecture team on planning and implementation of new, transformative initiatives.
- Your primary objective will be to ensure overall architectural quality, provide guidance in the adaptation of strong engineering practices, ensure efficient scaling of our systems, move the team closer to engineering excellence, and facilitate the delivery of quality software products.
- You will be a technical mentor, a consultant, and a cultural contributor at the same time. While you will not directly manage people, you will interact a lot with different stakeholders from backend, frontend, QA, infrastructure, and product areas (engineering teams 100+).
- Your work will also have a strong impact on the engineering culture, ensuring (technical) resilience and thereby empowering engineers to drive innovation.
- You will architect services using well-accepted patterns to allow autonomous development and future scaling.
- Touch and improve different areas of our application, be it the backend, infrastructure, CI/CD, security, tooling, or related engineering processes.
- You will act as a functional expert, a go-to person, an impact-multiplier, an enabler, and a trouble-shooter when needed.
- You must have a proven track record of driving complex projects.
- You have a deep Know-How in system designs and software architectures.
- You are strategic in your outlook whilst maintaining a hands-on approach to the general day-to-day running.
- You know how to write clean code and you have the ability to drive the technical vision.
- You deliver practical and scalable solutions.
- Above all, you are an inspiring leader with a mentorship mindset.
- You have knowledge but you also know how to share it.
- You have experience working with 100+ engineering teams.
- 7 + years of hands-on experience in software development and experience as a lead engineer, architect in complex projects.
- Proven experience in cloud formation, building scalable infrastructure, developing APIs.
- Great communicator, mentor, and natural influencer.
- NodeJS, AWS or GCP, microservices
- CI/CD experience
- GraphQL or Typescript is an advantage
- The work environment is fun, very supportive, and encourages innovation.
- Personal growth is a key element, not only through a learning budget but also a culture of knowledge sharing.
- A positive, no-blame culture.
Would you be interested in finding out more about the role and the company? Drop a message to Aleks at firstname.lastname@example.org