They are Europe’s leading tech-powered Online Language Platform that teaches more than 450,000 classes each year through a community of over 1,400 certiﬁed, native-speaking teaching professionals. The company's structured curriculum includes over 2,000 digital lessons produced in-house by linguistic experts. Courses are designed to empower language ﬂuency, and 97% of their learners conﬁrm that the platform is more eﬀective than using language apps alone.
Headquartered in Berlin, they employ over 200 international professionals from 45 countries speaking 30 languages. In 2020, Crunchbase listed them among the 10 largest online language learning companies globally.
The latest solid funding will be invested into the product and technology to accelerate the company's already robust growth.
The joining Chief Product Officer will lead the expansion of their platform and will oversee "the learning experience": in the classroom, self-learning, digital education. You will be responsible not just for the product management, product design and product analysis functions, but also for the digital education team, who design and author world-class language learning courses.
This position is based in Berlin or working remotely in the EU. It reports to the CEO.
- Lead the transformation of our client's language learning platform into the world’s best.
You will achieve this by:
- Hiring, coaching and inspiring the product team (product design, UX research and product analytics, product manager) and digital education team (curriculum designers).
- Enabling your teams and those you work with to deliver their best every day.
- Being the authority within the company on modern digital product development practices including product management and customer-centric product design.
- Developing a product vision and product strategy with your teams and the company leadership.
- Communication of product vision, strategy and commitments across the organization, C-level and board.
- Partnering with the engineering leadership to drive a culture of commitment and delivery.
- Ensuring market competitor moves, language learning trends and, most of all, learner needs inform product direction.
- With engineering management and your product management team, prioritise the roadmap and estimate realistic delivery timelines.
- Joining the company’s leadership team as a valued member, and with them, setting the company strategy and priorities.
What you bring:
- History of leading product teams working in the B2C or B2B2C space in a comparable growth stage.
- Experience operating at scale in a product leadership role, inspiring and influencing teams of 20+ people.
- Track record of collaboration with engineering and leadership teams.
- Track record of setting strategies and visions that not only inspire but influence business goals and deliver value.
- Strong processes and mindset for prioritization (bang for the buck)
- An empathetic mindset that challenges people to outdo themselves in their current roles and improve their performance for their future roles.
- Flexible leadership that adapts to the circumstances of the situation.
- Experience in the EdTech space is a big plus but not a necessity to apply. Passion for education and languages, and exploration of this market are the keys to success.
What you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Approachable leaders and transparent communication.
- Remote working in the EU or relocation to Berlin.
- Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited access to the language classes.
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who do have a valid working VISA for the EU or the UK.