We have been retained by an exciting B2B FinTech Marketplace StartUp in Berlin to help them find a CTO who will be reporting directly to the founder and help take the company to the next level.
Our client is a highly innovative and successful B2B Financial Services company who are on their journey of digitalisation and with it transforming a very "old school" industry. They have used a 3rd party company to build their MVP and not they are looking for their first in-house CTO who will build their internal team, move the platform over from the 3rd party provider and then keep building new and exciting features and functions.
This is a fundamental role to the continued success of the business and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a significant and tangible impact on the company.
- Manage the development of existing and new products (web, mobile and 3rd-party integrations)
- Work on optimizations for the current projects and infrastructure together with the team
- Help stakeholders to grasp the scope and impact of planned features and changes
- Prioritize the scope and release strategy of new features
- Constantly improve product monitoring and alerting systems
- Increasing visibility of system health and potential issues
- You are experienced in managing software a development team and are keen on sustaining a great culture to inspire and motivate your team
- You understand business goals and can easily translate them into technical and actionable tasks
- You have up to date knowledge of Clojure/ClojureScript, RESTful APIs; Hands on experience with Clojure, React.js and AWS deployment
- You are infrastructure automation solutions (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- You are proud about creating and shipping simple and well-tested code (automation)
- You have experience using agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- You feel comfortable working by yourself and take ownership
- Fluent business and technical English (German is a plus)