Our client is the digital arm of a 100 year old company in the food supply chain sector. They are building a variety of Digital B2B and B2C software solutions to help their clients to be able to feed our vastly growing population more efficiently.
Although the mother company is 100 years old, their digital arm functions like a StartUp and as such they are constantly learning and developing. They have their own data platform which is pooling in all the data from their global operations (data from 10 different software products), but it is not very user friendly and well structure at the moment. They see Data and Data Science as a high priority so now they are building a dedicated Data team in Berlin. You would be the sole Data Scientist in the team for the beginning which will give you freehand in deciding how to go about structuring and cleaning data and reshaping the foundations of data Data Science for them. You will also play instrumental role in making their data better, more usable and relevant going forward.
This is a fundamental role to the continued success of the business and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a significant and tangible impact on the company.
What to expect
- Be the AI/Machine Learning technical hero
- Help identify opportunities and execute the creation of models that will be used internally or directly in client's digital products, helping thousands of customers
- Create the procedures to enable the proper use of client's data platform and the productionalization of Machine Learning models
- Work cross teams, helping to create the data culture and bringing the knowledge of the AI potential
- Help shape the data team and its procedures. As a member of a newly created group, there is a lot to contribute to
- 3 years hands-on experience in applying Machine Learning and its techniques (eg: Deep Learning) Statistics or related technical discipline.
- Passion for disruption and delivery of the AI projects
- Expert knowledge of Python and it's data libraries (Pandas, etc)
- Proficiency in the development, validation, implementation, and production launch of machine-learning algorithms and models
- A passion for implementing coding best practices across a team