Our client is looking for a Director - Search & Discovery (f/m/d) to join their Discovery - Consumer team to create an easy and personalised ordering experience for their customers. If you're a creative problem solver who is eager to deliver solutions and hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
More than a million orders daily that are being transmitted to our clients's partners give a unique opportunity to push the boundaries and make a global difference.
What to expect
- Lead, support and mentor Engineering Managers and Tech Leads to be more effective leaders.
- Supervise organisational changes, support on making a team of 30 engineers grow to 70 during several months.
- Deeply understand the business processes and participate in defining the roadmap for core teams responsible for transmitting and delivering orders across the globe.
- Possible areas of responsibility are products listing, cloud infrastructure and groceries integrations, search and recommendation systems. The client will match the teams you will be responsible for with your skillset and interests.
- Plan and ensure scalability of the systems you own.
- Scale recruitment efforts and define the criteria for sourcing talented candidates.
- Drive both quarterly and long-term objectives and key results with full responsibility for executing the OKRs.
- Champion best engineering practices, be a pragmatic voice showing where to invest engineering effort where it can best move the needle.
- Experience with managing managers or multiple teams simultaneously.
- An engineering background, being able to evaluate complex technical decisions. We don't expect you to be actively writing coding but to be able to review code.
- Responsibility for a high complexity or high traffic project or application, experience with building large distributed systems.
- A mindset compatible with continuous deployment, agile planning, cloud-based systems, experimentation and testing.
- Past experience with cloud deployments (AWS, Kubernetes, IaC).
- Being able to adapt to change and find pragmatic solutions.
- Experience with setting up process in an engineering team.