They are a technology-first company that runs a Global B2C platform, they have strong tech teams in place and require experienced people managers to lead one of their core teams (currently 8 engineers) being responsible for one of the most crucial parts of their global technical operation. The solutions that your team is building helps them to effectively and automatically allocate marketing budgets (100M+ EUR per year) and responsible for generating 50% of their overall traffic (tremendous impact).
The role of the incoming Engineering Manager - Marketing Tech & Data will be to play a key part in the development and growth of the company. You would be expected to actively contribute to the overall company strategy, especially by deciding on technical direction and developing scalability, data analysis and automation capability while retaining a focus on user experience, R&D and order channels. You would also be the day-to-day sparring partner of top leadership and be responsible for the development of Marketing Tech & Data strategy matching the business goals. Your role would have a strong focus on optimising product and software development processes for this core team.
This is a fundamental role to the continued success of the business and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a significant and tangible impact on the company.
- Manage business metrics and working towards clear goals
- Manage team health making sure members are engaged and work towards common goals
- MVP mindset, continuous improvements both technically and organisationally
- Manage systems health by defining and delivering towards clear metrics
- Managing stakeholder expectations, building trust and delivering on value
- Direct people management of technical team(s) (at least one end to end squad)
- Technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Engineer with Scala / Java stack
- Customer-centric and data-driven decision-making
- Experience with large scale data processing (ideally using: Apache Spark and Airflow)
- Prior experience working on marketing technology or consumer growth team or business analytics related data science
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English