We are seeking an experienced Software Developer with expertise in either C++ or Python to join our Field Application Engineering Team. This person will work for the world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges in the Greater Munich Area. This amazing company started to build dynamically stable, legged machines before anyone else in the world. They’ve been inspired by and worked towards this goal for so long that they have invented techniques to make robots work that you can’t find in any textbook or technical article.
Now they are quickly becoming a recognized leader in automation solutions for industrial applications and warehouse logistics.
- You will help to deliver solutions with one of the most versatile robots, to new markets. Every day, you will work with the Engineering and Sales teams to demonstrate its utility in customer applications and facilitate customer success;
- Travel to customer sites and deliver integrations that satisfy customer requirements and help prototype custom integrations for high-value customers;
- Provide technical support and advice to customers in anticipation of potential challenges;
- Analyse technological problems in installed application systems, and work out solutions if required;
- Develop systems-level solutions and integrations for the operational use of the company’s products;
- Prepare technical elements of integration proposals, and define the technical solution guidelines for sales team support;
- Preparing relevant records, data, and documents for product presentations, and conducting training sessions for demonstrating new products and services.
- 3+ years of experience in robotics or correlated markets as a Software Developer;
- Fluency in German and English is mandatory;
- Minimum of 3 years of strong programming experience in C++ (preferable) or Python;
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu) and networking devices (routers, switches, and firewalls);
- Ability to plan and execute multi-month deployments of pre-production company’s products at customer sites;
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time mainly within Germany, but also to countries within the EU when needed.
Why this opportunity?
- Being part of a company that represents a whole new era of robots to the world. An era in which robots are fun, capable, and visible companions for humankind that will take our current mobility services to new heights.
- A competitive salary package and additional benefits will be explained during the hiring process.
This company has the big mission of imagining and creating exceptional robots that enrich people’s lives. Building machines that can approximate the mobility, dexterity, and agility of people and animals is a grand challenge. Curiosity and respect for the natural world are at the heart of their work on robots. They see products derived from this work as the next step in the human history of building machines to reduce the danger, repetition, and physically difficult aspects of work.