Our client is a technology-first company that runs a Global B2C platform, they have a strong marketing team in place and require an experienced people manager to lead one of their key European teams (10 analysts and marketing managers) being responsible for one of the most crucial parts of their EU marketing operation. Your team oversee $100M+ in ad spend (growing 50%+ YoY) with accountability for growing the business in existing EU markets and planning all expansions.
The role of the incoming Head of European Marketing (Paid Search, SEA, PPC) will play a key role in the development and growth of the company in Europe. You would be expected to actively contribute to the overall company strategy, especially by deciding on marketing direction and developing scalability, data analysis and marketing automation capability. You would also be the day-to-day sparring partner of top leadership and be responsible for the development of a data-driven SEA strategy matching the business goals.
This is a fundamental role to the continued success of the business and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a significant and tangible impact on the company.
- Lead a team of 10 analysts and marketing managers
- Oversee $100M+ in ad spend (growing 50%+ YoY)
- Accountability for growing the business in existing EU markets and planning all expansions
- Develop a vision to advance search advertising
- Identify and prioritize new growth opportunities by working with Data Science, AdTech Product and Engineering teams
- Provide leadership to marketing managers on budget control, campaign execution, and hitting ROI targets
- Help teams analyze campaign performance, identify trends, and facilitate opportunities for improvement
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships across other departments including Pricing, Category Management, etc.
- 7+ years experience in heavy analytical fields/industries (eCommerce, tech, consulting, investment banking, etc)
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and structured problem-solving skills (hypothesis-driven problem solving for complex problems)
- Strong people management experience
- Exceptional communication skills in English
- Data-obsessed strategic mindset
- Preferably advanced degree and technical skills with a focus on data analysis (SQL, Python and R)