These technologies include but aren't limited to React, GraphQL, Apollo, Cloudflare, Commercetools, Node.js, Kubernetes/Docker, and GCP.
The Tech organization in this company consists of 4 interdisciplinary and self-organized teams with a total of 30 dedicated employees. Scrum and Kanban are their methods of choice for a transparent and open product management. Every team is continuously delivering software and is closely collaborating with their stakeholders. They organize regular product demos to share their progress, and Hack days to innovate their products. For a transparent and well-balanced work culture, the entire department shares their feedback with each other in a monthly retrospective to celebrate successes and to improve methods.
To ensure quality, they apply code reviews, extreme programming methods, and test coverage tracking. Also, they follow a “you build it – you run it” approach and deploy their services on Google Cloud Platform using Docker and Kubernetes.
As technology moves fast, it's key for them to invest in our employees' growth. They provide access to the best learning platforms, run tech workshops, organize regular pair-programming sessions with senior developers and sponsor conference visits.
What to expect
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions
- Facilitate collaboration, communication and decision making inside the team and across product teams – help the team with prioritization, conflict resolution and manage expectations
- Work closely with the Product Owner to shape the backlog and requirements from an Engineering and solution point-of-view
- Set technical quality standards and train the team by providing direction in code reviews, mentoring and pair programming
- Contribute to cross-team engineering vision in our leadership meetings and contribute to overall engineering training
- Work directly with our Head of Engineering
- 6 years of experience in software engineering of which at least 3 years of experience with modern front-end technologies, mainly React
- 2 years of experience in the E-commerce domain
- 1 year of experience leading and mentoring an agile team
- Experienced in designing scalable backend and front-end architectures
- Knowledge of microservice patterns, security best practices, engineering methodologies (e.g. Agile, TDD, XP)
- Excellent skills in React and GraphQL
- Experience in Commercetools, Apollo Client, Cypress, GCP (e.g. PubSub), Kubernetes, Terraform, Cloudflare Workers, Serverless are a plus
- Fluent in English
What the company offers
- Broad-spectrum of technological challenges
- Support and mentoring by the core platform development team
- Freedom to experiment and work with cutting edge technologies
- Pair programming, hack days, internal talks, growth budget and conference visits
- The unique entrepreneurial opportunity to pro-actively shape a company and help build a global brand
- A bright and spacious Design office, which reflects our brand and focusses on employee well-being, located in the upcoming and vibrant district of Schöneberg.
- Competitive compensation (incl. visa/relocation support)
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. company events, sport courses, German classes, various discounts)