This role, based in Logistics, part-owns the core of the business and is responsible for the mobile applications (iOS and Android) which provides solutions for key users, from onboarding to planning and executing.
This is a platform role in which other engineering teams are your customers. It requires good technical acumen to help guide the infrastructure team to build technology that helps other tech product teams become more efficient and resilient, and to improve the developer experience and productivity. You will work closely with tech teams that are on the critical path, understanding their tech and infra needs, and the issues they face, and you will work with your team to conceptualise efficient tech solutions.
Working with your team, across 8+ other teams, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between engineering, design, operations, and executive management, building tech solutions that power products which in turn serve over 20M customers in 50 countries.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work with other engineering teams that are your customers, to identify, conceptualise and develop new tech solutions, as well as improvements to existing solutions and services.
- Support the Mobile Team to define processes to decrease the time to market for app updates.
- Organize and define Mobile App release schedules.
- Strategy for mobile apps including tools and evaluation.
- Align with other tech teams on their needs and requirements and prioritise your team’s roadmap.
- Help build better tooling, CI/CD, and a better release pipeline.
- Ensure mobile design system components are consistent.
- Ensure the components library is easily accessible to other squads.
- Leading your products and services across internal and external stakeholders.
- Evangelise a culture of engineering excellence across the organisation by sharing knowledge and common engagement on relevant tech topics.
- Being up to date with industry-relevant technologies so you can test assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
You will bring on board:
- 2+ years of experience working in a Technical Product Manager role.
- Know-how in delivering infrastructure products and/or services, used by other technical teams.
- Experience in working on mobile-first experiences with Android or iOS engineers.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks - working with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes.
- Data-driven and impact-oriented mindset; comfortable in analysing and presenting insights from quantitative/qualitative data.
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies to create collaborative and innovative solutions with engineers, design, and other product people.
- BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Experience as a Software Developer, Test Automation or Quality Assurance role is a bonus.
What is there for you:
- An international team already operating in 40+ countries worldwide that is exclusively looking for great people to join them on their mission to ‘deliver an amazing experience.'
- They believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring therefore they do not discriminate based on any aspect that makes you, you.
- On top of that, you get a long list of benefits, a competitive salary, and stock options!
Please note that this is an on-site role in Berlin, Germany. Our client can only consider applicants who are willing to relocate as soon as that is possible and who do have a valid working VISA for the EU.