Scala backend engineering, dealing with large pipelines of data, working in distributed cloud-native environment & being on a mission to can reduce Germany’s carbon footprint ae all part of this job!
Our client is growing their engineering team of 50+, developing technology to solve major urban mobility challenges. From Routing and Navigation, Ticketing, to applying Machine-Learning and Data Analysis - they are on their way to change the way people move around our cities, offer them alternatives and help them leave their car at home. The service they're building is part of the solution to the climate change problem.
Our client's technology stack is versatile and they try to choose the right tools for the right jobs. This includes docker containers, codified by Terraform in the AWS cloud for backend services; native apps in Swift and Kotlin, as well as React for internal tooling/experimentation; modern data collection and analysis; fantastically functional design; agile testing with BDD; all delivered as continuously as possible.
Their backend services are written in JVM technologies like Scala and Kotlin, while some of our used frameworks are Cats, Monix, HTTP4S, Play!, Akka, Kafka and Spring.
- You are an experienced backend software engineer (JVM stack) with exposure to Data Technologies;
- You like a DevOps approach and you own your code;
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster;
- Experience with building stream-processing systems;
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources;
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases (data modeling, data warehousing);
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks;
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka and RabbitMQ;
- Good understanding of Lambda/Kappa Architectures, along with their advantages and drawbacks;
- Nice to have - Experience with geodata and Scala
- Evaluating new data sources for acquisition and integration
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL processes
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Data heavy backend systems development
WHY THIS ROLE?
- Help create seamless travel experiences for tens of millions of users;
- Help reduce the carbon footprint in Germany;
- Company stability - the company is in many ways a public entity;
- 2500 Euros of yearly personal development budget & 5 dedicated days to conferences, training and personal development;
- Regular private events with mobility industry experts as guest speakers;
- Employee benefit program giving you access to exclusive service discounts;
- Weekly catered team lunches as well as free drinks and snacks
We look to your application & discussing in more detail!