Are you the Senior Engineer Manager we are looking for? The right candidate must possess technical and people skills to develop and provide leadership for their teams. This person will be responsible for figuring out the technical vision and the engineering strategy in this Payment Platform space.
- Engineering experience in building complex Payment Platforms that are stable, secure, and have longevity in the future;
- work with cross-functional teams that do more on the client front-end tie;
- Experience in building from scratch and growing software engineering teams with diverse skill sets.
- Build a team from scratch. Hire a group of engineers who also works on payment platform (backend engineers);
- Be a technical mentor and thought leader to onboard, develop, and retain diverse talents for your team;
- See the platform as a whole, all the different needs, and subsystems, and guide some of the people that this person will manage directly and indirectly to build something scalable, flexible, and future-proof;
- Manage dependencies and expectations, build trust with all stakeholders, and deliver on commitments;
- Work closely with product managers to drive the product development roadmap.
- Work on a product that transforms the lives of millions;
- A culture that fosters belonging and treats diversity as its strength;
- Meet and collaborate with colleagues at internal events such as Lunch & Learns, Blind Coffees, Stranger Talks, and (virtual) parties;
- A lively startup atmosphere in a vibrant international company with 750 employees representing over 65 different nationalities.
What is there for you:
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours;
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike;
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options;
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from;
- A yearly Learning & Development budget;
- Visa and relocation assistance;
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith, and nap room;
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers+, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group, and more.
Please note that this is an on-site role in Berlin, Germany. Our client can only consider applicants who are willing to relocate. They are able to provide assistance with the visa and relocation process.