Having recently closed their $30m Series C financing round, our client will continue a rapid roll-out of their services across Germany and beyond into the international market.
For them, culture is the key to success. They live every day by their four values: honest, humble, hungry and helpful. They embrace inclusiveness as the core element to shape diverse and therefore powerful teams.
Technology is core to their vision. Their engineers from all over the world are building the services that power their platform – mobile and web apps, matching core, and the digital document management system. Engineering works alongside Product to support every department to create value for the users and customers. They love to adopt new technologies and strive for ownership and excellence to build the work platform of the future. To achieve this goal, They base everything they do on the 5 engineering principles: speed, simplicity, stability, scalability and security.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be working in a cross-functional team with Backend, Frontend and/or Mobile Engineers to create solutions facing their Talents, Customers or internal Users. Together with Product, Design and your fellow engineers, you will be investigating problems, looking into user feedback, scoping and defining milestones by designing technical solutions and estimating what needs to be done.
- Analyzing requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Ensuring that your solutions are aligned with the engineering principles (Simplicity, Speed, Stability, Scalability, Security)
- Owning and improving the quality and delivery of the solutions you build
- Not only participating but actively contributing to the processes in your team and the department
- Helping your team to plan and estimate deliveries both short and long term
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge with others, so you can grow together
- Contributing to the tech roadmap, the tech radar and our collectives
- You have a min 2 years of experience with a modern framework and Node.js
- You know how to design and write meaningful tests
- You communicate very well, both written and verbally
- You are passionate about and know how good UI/UX looks like
- You would love to work and contribute to a diverse team with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and with different levels of experience
- The platform is powered by AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Terraform and Docker. These tools form the foundation that allow deploying and scaling fast and easily. Everything is monitored and logged by Prometheus and Grafana including request tracing for better observability.
- Their microservices and backends are running on Node.js, and Java with Spring Boot and Groovy, which include easy-to-use templates for new microservices.
- On the client side, they run on React and Redux with the help of Micro frontends for the web, while they use Swift for iOS and Kotlin for their Android Apps.
- They test their software by using Selenium, JUnit, Spock, and React-testing-library.
- They store data in various persistence technologies like Kafka-Streams, Postgres and Redis, while also using SQS and REST for both asynchronous and immediate service communication. They make use of technologies like ElasticSearch to perfectly match talents to the right job.
- They empower their teams to experiment with new technologies by using the Technology Radar, in order to give great user experience for their customers. The insights they gain from their users flow back into their product development through A/B testing and constant feedback.
- Flexible working hours
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Free catering once a week
- 28 paid vacation days
- Yearly personal conference budget
- Free language courses
- Free access to education and well-being apps via Everphone
- Great equipment
- Free drinks & fruits
- Discounts for the in-house gym
- Collaboration on the choice of technology
- Collectives & meetups to learn and improve
- A dog-friendly modern office in the center of Berlin
Please note that this is an on-site role in Berlin, Germany. Our client can only consider applicants who are willing to relocate as soon as that is possible and who do have a valid working VISA for the EU.