They are one of the fastest-growing companies with an incredible plan ahead. As a Lead Engineer, you will be a strong contributor who is instrumental in creating the strategic direction for this growth. You’ll be unfazed by influencing upwards and will work collaboratively with key figures within the wider business. This is an important role for the continued success of the business where technology is at the core of work and, as such, the incoming candidate will be able to make a meaningful and tangible impact on the company.
- Work with their backend team to enhance its event-driven microservice architecture inside of the AWS-ecosystem in order to help web and mobile products give the best experience to its users.
- Work on their API layer, which utilizes Amazon’s managed GraphQL service called AppSync - one of Amazon’s latest technologies.
- Contribute to the TypeScript codebase.
- Architect services using well-accepted patterns to allow autonomous development and future scaling.
- Operate and maintain the services your team owns in order to meet the user's expectations
- Share your knowledge, develop expertise in the product and grow with your team to become an even greater engineer.
- 6+ years experience as a backend developer, preferably with Typescript, NodeJs.
- Experience with complex microservices, event-driven architecture, integrations and developing APIs.
- Proven experience with cloud providers and in building resilient and scalable infrastructure. Knowledge in system designs and software architectures.
- Know how to write clean code, apply design patterns and unit testing.
- Ability to drive and deliver large features and projects spanning across multiple sprints.
- Strong communication skills combined with influence and eagerness to share and develop others. Good learning ability, open-mindedness and good self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
- Start-up or Product company experience is a preference.
- 6 + years of hands-on experience in software development and experience as a lead engineer, architect in complex projects.
- Proven experience in cloud formation, building scalable infrastructure, developing APIs.
- Great communicator, mentor, and natural influencer.
Nice to haves:
- Strong understanding of payment systems, payment providers and you took part in implementing at least one similar solution in the past.
- Experience with GraphQL or AppSync.
- Experience working with Lambda functions and serverless architecture.
- Experience with DynamoDB, CloudFormation.
- Experience building real-time communication services.
Tech stack in Backend Engineering: a cutting-edge environment, uses NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, AWS DynamoDB and their infrastructure is powered by AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline and AWS S3.
- The work environment is fun, very supportive, and encourages innovation.
- Personal growth is a key element, not only through a learning budget but also a culture of knowledge sharing.
- A positive, no-blame culture.
- A start-up where people put the team first, deeply trust each other, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day.
- You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other.
- A team that not only works hard but also laughs and cheers for each other.
Please note that this is an on-site role in Berlin, Germany. Our client can only consider applicants who are willing to relocate as soon as that is possible and who do have a valid working VISA for the EU.