Engineering Manager - Data Engineering - Berlin (Hybrid)
We are looking for a very hands-on Engineering Manager (Data focused) in Berlin to work on developing best-in-class microservices and data pipelines for their client’s renewables trading platform. This company is in a very strong growth phase and is building a world-class product to help scale and bring renewables to many more power markets in the world while trading many smaller electricity assets.
- Design, develop, and maintain microservices, ETL jobs, and system components for the Python-based data integration, processing and analytics platform;
- Lead large-scale projects that integrate the data and machine learning applications into trading and energy management applications;
- Provide strong thought leadership and set processes that lead to good implementation architecture and being intensively hands-on at the same time.
- Extensive working knowledge of Python microservice development and ETL/ELT jobs orchestration
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, including performance tuning for very large datasets (VLDBs)
- Deep understanding of technical debt in data systems
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing large-scale data projects from basic requirements
- Extensive experience in maintaining mission-critical data systems over long periods of time
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Python (FastAPI, Pandas, Django), AWS (S3, Athena, ECS), Redis, Docker, Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket), SQL Server, and more.
- FastAPI, Pandas, Redis, Fargate, Docker, S3, RabbitMQ, AWS Athena, SQLServer, Kafka•
- Ideally you have experience managing huge volumes of time-series data as in the energy/trading/AdTech sectors.
- It’s a product that uses predictive analytics that’s backed by science to predict trends in the renewable market.
- Allows more energy companies to adopt greener services, making renewable energy widely available to the general public.
Why this opportunity?
- A strong bias for action.
- A positive, team-oriented mindset, and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge.
- Self-starter, requiring little supervision or guidance.
- A competitive salary package and additional benefits will be explained during the hiring process.
Our client is a dynamic global energy and technology company operating at the forefront of renewable and conventional power. They are leaders in providing renewable energy management services, simplifying the complexities of managing renewable power across multiple countries, and allowing their clients to focus on their core mission of investment and growth.
If you're seeking a professional environment that values diversity, fosters inclusivity, and encourages diverse perspectives, this company is the right place to be. Join their team and be part of a company that is revolutionising the energy landscape while making a positive impact on the world.