We are looking for an experienced Java developer to work with our client as they build the next-generation marketplace. They have grown rapidly in recent years and have become a successful market product. They are now innovating and optimising their core product, resulting in the creation of new verticals.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and dependable Java/Kotlin code.
- Collaborate with the product, UX, and front-end development teams to design and implement new product features
- Contribute to the highly efficient agile development process by assisting in the maintenance of code quality, organisation, and automation.
- Contribute to engineering best practices and processes, and share your knowledge by mentoring more junior engineers or pairing with your colleagues.
- Contribute to daily tech-related operations; evolve platform architecture (based on Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform).
- 3+ years of Java/Kotlin design and development experience, preferably in a web-service environment; excellent knowledge of designing and building public API solutions.
- Platform architecture delivery (microservices/software, architecture, and API design)and a track record of delivering high availability architectures such as load balancing, fault tolerance, and cloud computing (infrastructure as code, configuration management systems).
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining cloud-based environments (Google Cloud Platform)
- Working in an agile environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Spring ecosystem is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
Why this opportunity?
- The opportunity to shape a cutting-edge geospatial marketplace platform and create a completely new planetary perspective;
- Competitive salary package and additional benefits that will be explained during the hiring process;
- Regular team gatherings, updates, and events;
- Challenges, room for creativity, and accepting responsibility.
Our client's culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. They seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. They also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in the job description.