We are looking for a Senior Python Developer in Berlin to work on developing best-in-class microservices and data pipelines for our client’s renewables trading platform. This company is in a very strong growth phase and is building a world-class product to help us scale and bring renewables to many more power markets in the world, while trading many smaller electricity assets.
- Design, develop and maintain microservices, ETL jobs and system components for our Python-based data integration, processing and analytics platform;
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with engineers, business analysts, traders and data scientists;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in technology and continuously improve our platform;
- Improve and guard code quality through pull requests and code reviews.
- 5+ years of Python-relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented, functional and asynchronous programming and design patterns;
- Substantial SQL experience and understanding of database fundamentals;
- Ensure best ETL practices for processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of large datasets;
- An appreciation of working in a hybrid-cloud and container-driven architecture (partly on-premise and partly AWS);
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Python (FastAPI, Pandas, Django), AWS (S3, Athena, ECS), Redis, Docker, Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket), SQL Server, and more.
Why this opportunity?
- A strong bias for action.
- A positive, team-oriented mindset, and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge.
- Self-starter, requiring little supervision or guidance.
- Competitive salary package and additional benefits that will be explained during the hiring process.
Our client is a dynamic global energy and technology company operating at the forefront of renewable and conventional power. They are leaders in providing renewable energy management services, simplifying the complexities of managing renewable power across multiple countries, allowing their clients to focus on their core mission of investment and growth.
If you're seeking a professional environment that values diversity, fosters inclusivity, and encourages diverse perspectives, this company is the right place to be. Join their team and be part of a company that is revolutionising the energy landscape while making a positive impact on the world.